What is a cookie and what is it used for?
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer by your browser when you visit a website, such as bikeinside.cc. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website, usually for customization, statistics or advertising purpose.
What cookies does our website use and for what purpose?
Our website uses various different types of cookies and similar technologies, each of which has a different function as set out in the table below:
- Technical or browsing cookies: These cookies enable the website to function correctly and allow you to view it correctly on the screen of your device, in your language and for your market from the first time you access it. They will recognise your country so that on any subsequent visits you are directed straight to the relevant country website. They also allow you to create an account, log in and manage your orders while browsing the website. If you are a registered user, these cookies mean you will be recognised as such when you access the services offered to our registered users. These cookies will recognise if you make a purchase from the website through an affiliated or partner site so that we can fulfil any obligations we may have to those partner sites. These cookies are necessary for the website to function.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable the website to recognise you, following an explicit request from you (for example, if you click on “remember me”), every time you access the website, so that you don’t have to type in your login details each time. If you have added items to your cart and closed your brwosing session without completing your purchase, but have not removed the items from your cart, these cookies enable you to carry on shopping with the same cart the next time you visit the website within a reasonable period of time. These cookies are not essential for the website to function, but they improve the website and the browsing experience.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies are used for example by some of our service providers, such as Google Analytics , for example, in order to carry out statistical analysis of how users use our website through their computers or via our mobile applications, such as how many pages a user has visited or the number of mouse clicks made on a page while using the website. In such events, La Passione Srl processes the results of these analysis in an anonymous way and for statistics purposes only provided that the service supplier uses the cookies in connection with the browser installed on your computer or other device used to browse our website.
How can I disable cookies?
- 1. Most web browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.) are configured to automatically accept cookies. However, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings, including the disabling of cookies at any time, etc. In order to delete cookies already registered on your computer or to disable and reject cookies for the future, whatever their purposes are, be it permanently or until you change your mind, you can access and modify the settings of your browser. We wish to make you aware, however, that disabling technical/browsing cookies or functional cookies may prevent our website from functioning correctly and/or may not allow you to fully and effectively take advantage of the services we offer. Please find below the path to modify your browser’s settings, for the following browsers:
For Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11913
For Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&hlrm=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
For Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
For Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
- 2. In order to disable analytical cookies and to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, you can download the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout